Sunday, October 24, 2010

Reflection #8

What: Music is something that should always be included in the classroom because of the spirit it brings.  Classical or peaceful music can calm a classroom so quickly and can also help students concentrate on their assignment.
So What: There are many ways I would like to use music in my future classroom.  One is during transitions while in the classroom.  When students transition from one activity to the next sometimes there is a lot of noise and commotion.  If as a teacher I were to put music that was quiet and calming, students would more likely be quiet and transition better. Another way music can be used in the classroom is when digital stories or vidcasts are made.  Using music in these kinds of instances help bring the mood of the video.  Students are able to capture the essence of something through the music (ex: somber, exciting, war-time, etc...). 
Now What: To prepare to do these things in my classroom I hope to really take advantage of times when teachers of my own play music during class. Also, I want to be on the lookout for music that helps me concentrate and get my assignments done, as well as music that helps calm me.  Anytime I hear a song that I like I want to download it to my computer and save it under a file specifically for "classroom music." Also, I want to be on the lookout for websites that provide free music and is music that children would enjoy.  I hope through some of my songs children are able to become a little more cultured.  

No comments:

Post a Comment