Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reflection #6

What: Doing the dance section in class was a really fun activity and is something that every teacher needs to use regardless of what subject they teach.  I loved that you taught us that you can use dance in any subject, science, social studies, and maybe even math.  Using dance is really important because it allows students to loosen up and relax during class. It also allows students to be creative and innovative.  They have to use their imagination when a teacher asks them to "dance" something out.  As a teacher you can really bring fun to class when you include dance and the arts. Incorporating dance is great also because it gives students a chance to be well-rounded. 
So What: I am really excited to implement dance when I go out to field.  I think students will become a lot more excited about the material and excited that they can use their creativity.  Also, for next week I think our group is going to use a Magic School Bus book, which I loved as a child, as most children do.  They teach readers many things and grab the readers attention right from the beginning. 
Now What: To prepare for my future classroom I need to continue reading and finding children's books that include stories that can involve dancing.  I need to put these activities into action when I do my field observation and when I do my student teaching.  I also need to keep up on my own creativity and explore my inner "dance" self.  

No comments:

Post a Comment