Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reflection #7

What: There have been many things that I use to believe about art in the classroom that I have changed my mind about.  First of all, art can be used in anything.  It's awesome!  For our project we read "The Magic School Bus," and were able to incorporate art into the book SO many times.  I think when a teacher is teaching science students can easily become bored. However, if the teacher uses art to get the students excited about science then the kids are moving around, actually doing what they are being taught, and are really learning in a visual way.  
So What: I would love to use all of the dance activities that were used in the class last week.  The only down side to what we did in class was that we were changing activities so quickly and weren't able to grasp some of the activities as much as I would've liked to. Having the worksheet that my group made, though, will be a great guide for dance activities in class, regardless of what book is being or which subject is being taught.
Now What: I think the biggest way I can prepare for teaching my future students is incorporating art in as much as possible when I do my field experience.  Practicing this dance activities in a real classroom will really get me ready for when I have my own classroom some day.  I can also continue to listen for great new dance activities on a daily basis.  I could learn a new activity when least expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment