Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reflection #4

What: Today I learned how to open up and express myself through drama.  We learned many different games to help children feel comfortable with themselves and with others.  I have come to the conclusion that using drama in the classroom can be very beneficial and can really help many students learn.
So What: The activity that I think I will use the most is the "Who started the motion" game.  I also really like the "machine" game. These two games are great for getting students out of their seats and doing something productive, although not class curriculum.  I think the motion game is more of a fun one that can be used as a reward when students act well, and the machine game gives students a chance to be creative and think outside of the box, but at the same time have a good time.  I would like to use the motion game on the first day of class as a sort of ice breaker.  It will hopefully help students to feel more comfortable in class.
Now What: I think it's important to incorporate drama into all curricular events because it helps students become more outgoing and comfortable with themselves.  Also, when you get to where I am in my life (college) jobs and internships come easier when one is outgoing and able to communicate with others.  Students also need drama because everyone needs to be well-rounded regardless of what their hobbies are.  Having a general idea about a lot of things is a great thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment