Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reflection #2

Visual arts is something that I always enjoyed while in elementary school, and still enjoy even in college.  Having art be "visual" helps me (and I'm sure other students as well) see things clearly and really get a feel for what art is.  
While doing the visual art activity in class I learned the six elements of art, which I did not know before this class.  I also learned just how important each element is and how creative a person can become through each element. When I become a teacher I hope to allow students to really experience visual arts, and come to know the six different elements.  As a person, I will now look at pieces of different artwork and better understand where the artist is coming from.
One way I can prepare to teach my students about the visual arts is to continuously practice with the visual arts and to get better at each element.  When I have successfully done this, I will be able to explain the elements with more clarity and have more confidence when teaching my students.  
This activity changed me because I hadn't experience many of the different elements before.  For example, I had never drawn a color wheel, and after doing the "color" section I now know how to make a color wheel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment