Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reflection #15


What: This week's blog, which just happens to be our last week of school (woo hoo!), is about where I am heading as far as art integration is concerned.  
So What: Throughout my field experience journey, I have learned many things.  I have learned that some teachers LOVE art and some definitely do NOT. Some teachers love math and some love other subjects.  I have learned that each teacher has their OWN specialty and excel in different areas.  This, I have learned, is why teachers collaborate and work together.  They work together because some teachers really do need help in some areas, but at the same time they could be amazing in other subjects.  Art is a subject that not too many teachers are fantastic at.  Most teachers really have to work hard at incorporating art into their classroom.  It takes a lot of work, just like teaching math, english, or any other subject.  Something else I have learned through my experience is that teachers can teach one lesson while teaching 3 subjects at the same time.  A math project could involve math, art, and language arts.  This is such an awesome thing!
Now What: Something I plan on doing is involving multiple subjects into my lessons.  I don't want to just teach math when math time comes around in class.  I want to involve the children's creativity and their imaginations. I want my classroom to be filled with my students work and projects they have worked on all year.  Most of all, I want my students to understand that I feel strongly about every subject, not just one or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment