Thursday, December 2, 2010

Back to Classes- Reflection #13

I am blogging today because I forgot to blog last week since I was out of town all of Thanksgiving week.  I wanted to talk about my overall experience in field.  
I was really impressed with myself when it came to teaching, and even surprised myself a little bit.  I expected to be scared and nervous while teaching, and instead I was excited and ready to teach the students the information I had been asked to share with them.  Something I learned while teaching is that kids love any kind of interactive lesson.  They love when they are up and moving, and really experiencing the material being taught.  The taxing activity we did with the students (we taxed them each day to help them understand the different taxes the colonists experienced) was an absolute HIT.  They loved it!  They got so upset any time we took money (which was fake), you would've thought it was money they had worked really hard for.  
Teaching fifth grade was a real treat, in my opinion.  Fifth graders are the type to not show emotion in fear that others may make fun of them, but they really do care about you (as a teacher) and want to build a relationship with you.  I enjoyed my fifth grade class much more than I thought I would and it's gotten me very interested in seeing how I'll like the younger grades.  

No comments:

Post a Comment