Monday, November 8, 2010

Reflection #10

Since we're in field now I'm just going to blog without the what, so what, and now what. I've been in field for 4 days now, and it's great. There's so much information to take in and so many things to learn from my field teacher, Mrs. Bishop. Mrs. Bishop is a 5th grade teacher and this is her 16th year teaching. She's enthusiastic about teaching and loves her students to death. She really enjoys being in the classroom and being around kids all day, which takes a lot of patience, which she definitely has.
Something I have noticed, however, about the class, is that there isn't a ton of art. They focus a lot on math (an hour to an hour and a half every day) and on language arts. I have only been there from 8 am until noon so they may do more art after lunch. They also have one day a week where they go to an "art" class with an actual art teacher. They went today and they were really excited when it was time to go to art, which is a great thing. It's too bad that it's only once a week, but I guess that's better than never.
I look forward to learning more about Mrs. Bishop's class and learning ways that I feel comfortable teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment